Dear Parents, Patients and Guardians,
Our first priority at Riversdale Orthodontics is the health and safety of our Riversdale Orthodontic Community.
We appreciate the growing concern and uneasiness that some of you may be feeling regarding the COVID19 outbreak. If you are worried about whether your care can continue with us through this period, please rest assured we are still open and ready to look after you. We are taking all recommended measures to make sure our clinic remains as safe as possible to give you the confidence that you can continue coming in to receive treatment as necessary.
The latest update from the Federal and State Government is that we are an essential service.
To protect you and our team, we are implementing the following plan.
- Hand hygiene and cleaning practices will continue to be emphasised to reduce the spread of any infections.
- Be aware of the following prior to and whilst you are in our clinic:
- Maintain hand hygiene by cleaning your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Keep your hands clean: before entering an area used by other people, after using the bathroom, after coughing or sneezing and after eating food.
- Practice good cough/sneeze etiquette by keeping away from other people, using disposable tissues or clothing (e.g. into your elbow), disposing of the tissues and cleaning your hands afterwards.
- We have placed hand sanitisers in our clinic for all to use, as well as paper towel to use when opening and closing the bathroom door.
- If you have a cold, flu, runny nose, cough or believe you may be coming down with any respiratory illness, as a courtesy to other patients and our staff, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- Please call us to reschedule your appointment if you departed mainland China, Iran, Italy or South Korea or if you have had close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 while infectious, as you must selfisolate at home for 14 days.
- If you have returned from other countries identified as high risk within the last 14 days, we also ask that you please reschedule your appointment to help reduce the risk of infection to other patients and our staff.
- We have implemented social distancing in the Practice, our waiting room reflects this. Please practice this where appropriate. If you are unable to do so on arrival, please check in and return to your car. We will call you when we are ready for your appointment.
- We are asking patients who come with family to only have one person in the Practice at a time. Where possible please wait in the car.
- We are no longer scheduling appointments at our reception desk. Once you have finished your appointment please exit the Practice and we will call you to schedule your next visit.
- If you develop respiratory symptoms or fever, please call Healthdirect on 1800 022 222 and seek medical assistance. Please find other helpful information at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
If you are unsure about what to do or have any concerns, please contact us by replying to this email or calling our office on 9805 3000.
As this is an evolving situation, we will do our best to keep you updated as things change.
We thank you for your support and understanding.